These guys are re-releasing "Trying To Never Catch Up" in August, with a few new tracks. It's an old album, and they've been around for a while. But I guess I never got into them because their name made me think they were some kind of bad gimicky, bluegrass-country-rock group, like The Gourds, or something. But they're not at all. If Death Cab For Cutie and The Cars got drunk one night and did it, and months later had quadruplets, this is what the music would sound like. They've got a pretty nicely done website where you can listen to a couple of tracks, too. Check out "Hellodrama".
Saturday, July 08, 2006
What Made Milwaukee Famous
These guys are re-releasing "Trying To Never Catch Up" in August, with a few new tracks. It's an old album, and they've been around for a while. But I guess I never got into them because their name made me think they were some kind of bad gimicky, bluegrass-country-rock group, like The Gourds, or something. But they're not at all. If Death Cab For Cutie and The Cars got drunk one night and did it, and months later had quadruplets, this is what the music would sound like. They've got a pretty nicely done website where you can listen to a couple of tracks, too. Check out "Hellodrama".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment